Executive Board Chair
Contact: Jane Bernard
Christian Education – Adult
Contact: Victor Brady
The Christian Education–Adult Ministry provides for the Christian education program for the adult population of the church. Its responsibilities include offering appropriate Sunday School classes and small group experiences, training facilitators, facilitate leadership development for Ministry Chairs and others, and distribution of Christian literature. It also oversees the operation of the church library to include books, periodicals, and computer based media and audiovisuals.
Christian Education – Children & Youth
Contact: Beth Bently
The Christian Education – Children & Youth Ministry provides for the Christian education program for the children and youth of the church. Its responsibilities include offering appropriate Sunday School classes, Vacation Bible School, teacher orientation and development, children and youth fellowship programs, other educational and spiritual development opportunities, nursery and extended care services, and distribution of Christian literature for children and youth.
Christian Family Life
Contact: Mary Lou Pence
The Christian Family Life Ministry also provides devotional and educational materials and programs for special times in the lives and homes of our church family members.
Evangelism and Membership
The Evangelism and Membership Ministry shares the good news of the gospel within the church and the community and fosters the development of a spirit of community of love within the congregation so that together each may use their gifts to serve the life of the church.
The Evangelism and Membership Ministry’s functions includes: reaching out to new people in the community, enlisting greeters, reviewing the church visitors register, compiling a list of prospective new members, planning and directing special evangelism projects, organizing both new member receptions and church events, inviting and assisting our church family members to share their gifts by participating in the life of the church, and helping to assimilate new members into the life of the church.
Contact: Church Office
The Prison Ministry leads the Chapel service several times a year, usually on Sunday’s. We are currently giving leadership at North Central Correctional Institute in Marion, Ohio, Warren Correctional in Lebanon, Ohio, and the Montgomery County Jail.
Contact: Lora Davidson
The Property Ministry administers the properties of the church. This includes:
- the care, repair, decoration, and protection of the church building(s), grounds, and all equipment;
- supervising custodial staff on terms approved by the Executive Board;
- administering the purchase and installation/performance of equipment and maintenance services;
- informing the chairperson of any change in equipment inventory;
- making recommendations to the Executive Board regarding use of the building(s) or properties by non-church related agencies and assuring that such agencies are aware of the conditions governing use.
The Public Relations Ministry publicizes the programs and works of the church to achieve the greatest possible awareness among the congregation and the community at large. This includes:
- providing public relations, program planning and assistance within the church;
- making maximum use of media services;
- organizing and overseeing the publication of the pictorial directory with membership list when appropriate.
Stewardship and Finance
The Stewardship and Finance Ministry plans and directs a program that encourages the stewardship of time, talent, and finances, thus promoting the financial needs of the church. This includes:
- promoting stewardship education throughout the church year;
- preparing the operating budget;
- keeping accurate records;
- planning and directing the pledge drive.
Contact: David Sipple
The Technology Ministry advises, and educates the other ministries, the church as an organization, and individual members in the development of innovative and effective uses of technology to reach out to the church members and the community in spreading the gospel. This includes:
- Researching and recommending the purchase or lease of all reasonably sophisticated electronic equipment;
- Assisting with the maintenance of all reasonably sophisticated electronic equipment;
- Training the congregation in the use of electronic equipment, as appropriate, with regard to applicable levels of age and responsibility;
- Maintaining an inventory of the church’s electronic equipment and related software, in coordination with the overall equipment inventory maintained by the Trustees;
- Providing for the reasonable security of all electronic equipment and related software;
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for all electronic equipment;
- Participating with the Stewardship and Finance Ministry in the annual budget development process, and preparing a multi-year technology forecast for the Executive Board;
- Developing and maintaining the church web-site.
Community /World Outreach
The World Outreach Ministry stimulates service in Christian mission by creating broad and varied interests in support of congregational, denominational and ecumenical ministries of mission.
Contact: Margaret Lyon
The Worship Ministry takes a lead in creating rich worship experiences that enables the congregation to genuinely experience worship, enrich personal spirituality and develop family devotional life.